There may be times when your Google Play Services Keeps Stopping. As we all know for the smooth functioning of android phones we have a google play service. Google Play services keep our apps updated and connect our apps to other google services like, google sign-in, google maps, etc. For all those who are confused that it is the same as google play store let me clarify it is not the same as google play store. Also, it is included with android. The perks of google play services are that it doesn’t let your battery drain fast and doesn’t use much of the mobile data. Also, there is no way you uninstall or force-stop google play services.
Apart from the perks above mentioned sometimes the google play services stop, a pop up comes saying” unfortunately, google play services has stopped” the reason for which may be-
- Either bad software.
- Network issues.
- But exceptionally sometimes google accidentally rolls out the wrong version of google play for your device.
Luckily you can resolve all of these issues, following steps can be used as a solution –
- 1 How to Fix Google Play Services Keeps Stopping Error?
- 1.1 1. Restart your Device
- 1.2 2. Change from Cellular Data to Wifi Data
- 1.3 3. Change the Date and Time Settings
- 1.4 4. Update Play Store and Google Services
- 1.5 5. Going back to the older version of the Google Play Store
- 1.6 6. Removing the Data of google play services
- 1.7 7. Delete your Google account
- 1.8 8. Hard Reset your Device
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Google Play Services Keeps Stopping Error?
Let’s start with the most common and easiest methods for how to fix the ‘Google Play Services keeps stopping’ error, before moving on to more complicated steps.
1. Restart your Device
This is the most obvious and the simplest advice. Just switch off then switch on your phone and most probably the issue might be resolved.
Step to restart your android phone:-
- Press and hold the power button till the shut-down menu appears.
- Tap the power off option.
- After the phone is completely switched off, switch it on by pressing and holding the power button.
- After the phone is switched on, go to the google play store to see if the issue is resolved or not.
2. Change from Cellular Data to Wifi Data
Sometimes your internet connection may be faulty and slow, this might show the pop-up “unfortunately, the play store has stopped working “ very frequently. Many times the play store might stop downloading or refuse to download.
In any of the above cases, just switch your data from wifi to cellular, if you are using wifi and cellular to wifi or if you are using cellular data.
3. Change the Date and Time Settings
Many times your date and time are not correct. Correcting this will resolve your issues
How to change the date and time settings –
- On your phone go to settings.
- Then select systems.
- From the menu choose the date and time.
- Enable “use network-provided time “ and see if the time is correct.
- If it is still incorrect, disable the automatic function and set the manual time by clicking on “set time”.
- After setting the time restart your device and go to the google play store if it is resolved or not.
4. Update Play Store and Google Services
Sometimes the outdated version of google play or google services may be the issue. Just updating these will resolve the issue
Steps for updating are as follows –
- Go to the google play store app and open it.
- Go to “manage apps& devices “and you see that there is a list of updates that are pending.
- Go to “update all” and it will update all your outdated apps.
- This will also update the google services framework.
- Also, on the left open the menu, and tap Settings. Go to the bottom of the page to check.
- The play store version.
- Restart your phone and go to the play store to check if the issue is resolved or not.
5. Going back to the older version of the Google Play Store
Sometimes updating the services don’t support our phone so going back to the version of google play store that came in your phone might solve the issue
The process to go back to the older version is as follows –
- Go to settings.
- Click Apps & notifications.
- Click “ see all X apps “ and search google play store.
- From the menu select “disable”. Disable doesn’t do anything but just replaces the current version with the version that came on your phone.
- Enable the app once again.
- Then restart your phone.
After rolling back, it will ultimately update to the latest version.
6. Removing the Data of google play services
Wipe your data on the google play store and google play service if anything goes wrong.
The steps to wipe data are –
- Go to settings
- Open apps and notifications > see all x apps >google play store
- Click on “storage “ then clear storage
- Repeat this for google play services. in the corner click the menu button and choose “ show system “ to see it.
- Restart your phone to see if the issue is resolved or not.
7. Delete your Google account
Sometimes deleting your google account and re-entering it will solve your issues
Follow the following steps –
- Go to setting.
- Click accounts.
- Click on the google account that has to be removed and click remove the account.
- Back up everything beforehand so that you don’t lose it.
- Enter the Google account again and check if the issues are resolved or not.
8. Hard Reset your Device
Hard resetting the device will lose all your data and return your phone to the original state in which it was bought.
Follow the steps to hard reset your device –
- Open settings
- Click systems > advanced > reset options > click on erase all data.
- Select and click on ”erase everything“.
- This will hard reset your device.
We have provided you with all the steps that are possible to solve the issue when the ‘Google Play Services Keeps stopping’. If you have any other solutions do let us know in the comments.